Friday, January 9, 2015

Wrist warmers for snowy weather


It has been very cold and snowy these last days in Greece.
I really love soft, fluffy snow falling gently and covering everything in a thin veil of white beauty.
When I look outside my windows and see the snowflakes dancing their fragile dance from the sky and onto our world, I feel happy like a child waiting for Santa Claus. Especially, when the Christmas tree is still decorated and the fairy lights are twinkling in the dark room.
It is the time to be warm and cosy and what better for a crafty soul than to make something soft and warm to keep my hands happily busy.

So , here we go , some Alpaca wool, straight from Peru , some left over yarn from a scarf I crocheted some time ago and voilá my brand new wrist warmers to accompany me in my walks in a very cold Athens

I think they are quite pretty and go well with a black , brown or grey coat .They can also be worn with a nice pullover at work and a black crochet scarf  which can be embellished with some lace and beads to add some sparkle and ‘glamour’ to your outfit. I think a girl always likes some glam in her accessories and colour in her life. Do you agree?

Some time ago, I made this necklace using sparkling, crystal beads and a small tassel. I think it suits my new wrist warmers   a lot.


I hope I gave you some ideas to make yourself  some easy accessories that can prettify your winter outfits and keep you warm, either it is snowing outside  or not…..
I wish you all a very warm and cosy evening and relaxed weekend.
My love to you all dear readers,
Till next time,
Tina xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx


5 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos,
    Virginia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Virginia for taking the time to leave a message . I appreciate it.
      I hope I have inspired you to make something similar for you to keep you warm .
      Love,
      Tina

      Delete
    2. With your clever idea , I made wrist warmers too. They are beautiful and warm,
      Virginia

      Delete
  2. Very nice pictures.

    Melinda xoxxx.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot Melinda.
      Have a nice week.
      Love,
      Tina

      Delete