Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Decorative Bird Houses


Hello dear readers from a rainy Athens!
For me, rainy weather ‘requires’ snuggling in a warm house with a cup of coffee or tea in your hand, having happy thoughts. Beautiful, colourful pictures always help us improve our mood, especially when it is pouring with rain outside. That’s why I would like to share with you, this rainy evening, some pictures that make me smile.
I’ve always been ‘fascinated’ by decorative (and real) bird houses. They are tiny, cute, sweet homes, and although they are just decorative, whenever I look at them, I always imagine of little ‘interesting’ creatures going happily in and out of their door! :)
As you will see in the pictures below , I have a 'modest' collection of them , ranging from really tiny ones that you can hung from  a cupboard knob or the branches of a tree, to quite big ones which are perfect for decorating with fairy lights at Christmas.

You can either use them separately or all together on a shelf or mantelpiece.
 I personally, prefer to ‘create’ a little village , placing the one after the other  and add some little toy creatures around, like dwarves, fairies , birds, turtles or anything else that is cute and tiny enough to live in this little fairy tale space.
They are also perfect for welcoming   your visitors, placed in the garden or hanging on the wall next to your front door.

I hope you like my little houses and make you smile, too.
Have a lovely evening!!
Till next time, my love to all ,

Tina xxxxxxxx

6 comments:

  1. I like very much your pictures.
    Meredith.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your comment and your love, Meredith.
      Love,
      Tinaxxx

      Delete
  2. I have always loved bird houses too, and I so enjoyed this post and seeing your pretty collection!
    Helen xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for leaving me a comment , I'm always so glad to see that people find my posts interesting and this encourages me to carry on.
      I love your blog , too and I'm always inspired by your work.
      Tina xxx

      Delete
  3. Nice photos,
    Daisy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much Daisy.
    Have a lovely week.
    Tina xxx

    ReplyDelete